Wednesday 1 May 2013

Final Piece Thoughts

Looking over all my artist and my responses it is clear that Yoko Ono is my main artist, I think I find her work the mot exciting and interesting.

The aspects of her work that I would like to carry in to mine will be

  • Being part of the work her/my self - this creates a moment of interaction between myself and the audience. 
  • The delicateness of hanging the wishes -as my wish tree was very effective
  • The freedom of the wishes - the artist can not dictate what someone writes to wish for 
My second artist I am strongly looking at is Gillian Wearing, her work is extremely effective in what she aims to do, which is to draw emotions/ confections out of people.

The aspects of Wearing work I hope to take are


  • The freedom, like Ono to allow the audience to write whatever they like on the paper or tag
  • To draw something out of people that they might not usually reveal
  • Creating a moment of interaction through asking a question

Another artist I am looking at is JR. JR's main aim is to break down barriers and lead people to ask questions and become inquasive. I hope to be able to bring this idea strongly in to my work. This will all lead to social interaction  

Also Roy Litchenstein who captures a moment of interaction, is something I would like to also look at. 

I would hope to bring all these ideas together in my final outcome, I think it is possible as a lot of them are very similar as they are all hugely to do with my theme of social interaction 

No comments:

Post a Comment